Applications for the 2018-19 school year will be accepted starting on November 16, 2017 via the online application website. It is encouraged that you start the admissions process as early as possible as some items can take some time to complete. There is no deadline to apply, however, applications that are complete and received by February 5, 2018 will be considered for acceptance in the first round of evaluations per our acceptance priority outlined below. All applications received after February 5, 2018 will be considered should space be available.
Applications do not carry over year over year. If your child is placed in the wait pool for a particular school year, you must re-apply the following year if you remain interested in St. Mary School.
If you would like to inquire about a mid-year transfer please contact our Enrollment Coordinator, Mrs. Nicole Mahon, for information. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Important Dates
- Application Materials Required
- How to submit an application
- Age Eligibility
- Acceptance Priority
November 16, 2017
Open House for 2018-19 prospective families. 8:30am in our school gym. To RSVP click here.
November 16, 2017
Begin accepting applications for the 2018-19 school year via the online application system.
December 11, 2017
Sibling applications due. Siblings of current St. Mary School students.
Open House for 2018-19 prospective families. 8:30am in our school gym. Specific date coming soon.
February 5, 2018
Deadline to be considered in the first round of application evaluations.
Parents will be notified via mail of admissions decisions.
Deadline to submit financial aid application and letter to financial aid committee. Specific date coming soon.
|June 1, 2018||First tuition installment withdrawn from FACTS|
We are moving to an online application that will be made available on the date of the Open House. The link to the application website will be posted here when it is available.
If you would like to start gathering items, the online application system will be asking for the following items:
- Application fee $55 - will be payable through the online application system
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Sacramental Certificate(s) if applicable - Baptism, Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation.
- School Records - Current, plus previous 2 years (at least), plus any standardized test scores. There will be a record release form in the online application system. Only applicable to those applying to 1st grade and above.
- Student Information Form - completed by the applicants current teacher and returned directly to St. Mary School. Form will be available through the online application system.
- Parish Registration Form - Form will be available through the online application system.
- Custody Decree (if applicable)
- Health Forms - immunization record is due with the application, Commonwealth of VA School Entrance Health Form must be submitted prior to the start of school but is not required to make the application complete.
- If the applicant has been tested or evaluated for any disability, English as a second language or medical condition we ask for additional information. If applicable, please provide a copy of IEP, 504 plan, Student Assistance Plan, Special Ed Child Study, Special Ed Eligibility Date from base public school and Special Ed Triennial.
- If the applicant has ever been suspended, dismissed, expelled or not permitted to re-enroll in a school we will require additional information.
Available openings in all grades are offered in the order that follows. Applications will be placed in the appropriate category by the time and date on which they were received:
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children of active parishioners of St. Mary Catholic Church
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children from families registered at other Catholic parishes
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children from non-Catholic families
- Children of active parishioners of St. Mary Catholic Church
- Children from families registered at Catholic parishes without schools
- Children from families registered at Catholic parishes with schools
- Other Catholics
- Children from non-Catholic families, if openings remain
Attendance in the St. Mary pre-kindergarten program does not guarantee admission to kindergarten.
St. Mary School admits students of any race, color, or national origin.