Applications for the 2019-20 school year will be accepted starting on November 15, 2018 via the online application website. It is encouraged that you start the admissions process as early as possible as some items can take some time to complete. There is no deadline to apply, however, applications that are complete and received by February 4, 2019 will be considered for acceptance in the first round of evaluations per our acceptance priority outlined below. All applications received after February 4, 2018 will be considered should space be available.
Applications do not carry over year over year. If your child is placed in the wait pool for a particular school year, you must re-apply the following year if you remain interested in The Basilica School of Saint Mary.
If you would like to inquire about a mid-year transfer please contact our Enrollment Coordinator, Mrs. Sarah Christie, for information. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Important Dates
- Application Materials Required - APPLY HERE
- How to submit an application
- Age Eligibility
- Acceptance Protocol
November 15, 2018
Open House for 2019-20 prospective families. 8:30am in our school gym. To RSVP click here.
November 15, 2018
Begin accepting applications for the 2019-20 school year via the online application system.
December 10, 2018
Sibling applications due. Siblings of current Basilica School of Saint Mary students are invited to apply.
January 29, 2019
Open House for 2019-20 prospective families. Starts at 8:30am in our school gym.
February 4, 2019
Deadline to be considered in the first round of application evaluations.
Week of February 25, 2019
Admissions decisions mailed to parents.
March 15, 2019
Deadline to submit financial aid application and letter to financial aid committee.
|June 1, 2019||First tuition installment withdrawn from FACTS|
Applications are submitted via the online application portal which will be open November 15, 2018.
The additional forms required as part of the application packet can be found below. Hard copies of these forms will be available at the Open House and from the front office after November 15th. You are not required to upload the forms into the application portal. You may hand deliver to the front office or mail to the school.
Re-registration of currently enrolled students occurs in January 2019. This application is for students who would be new to the Basilica School of Saint Mary in the 2019-20 school year.
Items required for a complete application include:
- Application - submitted via the online application system. Applications will be available online starting November 15, 2018.
- Application fee $55 - payable through the online application system
- Copy of Birth Certificate - A copy is required with your application. This can be mailed or hand delivered to the front office. We will need to view the original as well. Please stop by the front office to have the original viewed.
- Copy of Sacramental Certificate(s) if applicable - Baptism, Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation. Mailed or hand delivered to the front office. We understand that some parish offices do not provide certificates for First Reconciliation, thus this form is not required, but if you have received one please include.
- School Records - Current, plus previous 2 years (at least), plus any standardized test scores. Only applicable to those applying to 1st grade and above. Please do not upload them to the application website. Please use the records release form below and have them sent directly from the applicants school to our school.
- Evaluation Form - Completed by the applicants current teacher and returned directly to St. Mary School. Not required for those applying to grades 1 and higher from a Diocese of Arlington Catholic School. Please make sure you submit the correct form for the grade level to which your child is applying. We prefer the use of the form below and not the form that is posted in the application portal.
- Parish Acknowledgement Form - For Catholic applicants, must be sent from your current parish. Not required for sibling applicants. If sending to the Basilica of Saint Mary parish office, no need to include a self addressed envelope as they will send it directly to the school. If you are applying from out of state, we will require this form when you settle on a parish locally.
- Health Forms - Immunization record is due with the application, Commonwealth of VA School Entrance Health Form must be submitted prior to the start of school but is not required to make the application complete.
- Custody Decree (if applicable)
- If the applicant has been tested or evaluated for any disability, English as a second language or medical condition we ask for additional information. If applicable, please provide a copy of IEP, 504 plan, Student Assistance Plan, Special Ed Child Study, Special Ed Eligibility Date from base public school and Special Ed Triennial.
- If the applicant has ever been suspended, dismissed, expelled or not permitted to re-enroll in a school we will require additional information.
Available openings in all grades are offered in the order that follows. Applications will be placed in the appropriate category by the time and date on which they were received:
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children of active parishioners of the Basilica of Saint Mary
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children from families registered at other Catholic parishes
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children from non-Catholic families
- Children of active parishioners of the Basilica of Saint Mary
- Children from families registered at Catholic parishes without schools
- Children from families registered at Catholic parishes with schools
- Other Catholics
- Children from non-Catholic families, if openings remain
Attendance in the Basilica School of Saint Mary pre-kindergarten program does not guarantee admission to kindergarten.
The Basilica School of Saint Mary School admits students of any race, color, or national origin.