Applications for the 2018-19 school year will be accepted starting on November 16, 2017 via the online application website. It is encouraged that you start the admissions process as early as possible as some items can take some time to complete. There is no deadline to apply, however, applications that are complete and received by February 5, 2018 will be considered for acceptance in the first round of evaluations per our acceptance priority outlined below. All applications received after February 5, 2018 will be considered should space be available.
Applications do not carry over year over year. If your child is placed in the wait pool for a particular school year, you must re-apply the following year if you remain interested in St. Mary School.
If you would like to inquire about a mid-year transfer please contact our Enrollment Coordinator, Mrs. Nicole Mahon, for information. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Important Dates
- Application Materials Required - APPLY HERE
- How to submit an application
- Age Eligibility
- Acceptance Protocol
November 16, 2017
Open House for 2018-19 prospective families. 8:30am in our school gym. To RSVP click here.
November 16, 2017
Begin accepting applications for the 2018-19 school year via the online application system.
December 11, 2017
Sibling applications due. Siblings of current St. Mary School students.
Open House for 2018-19 prospective families. 8:30am in our school gym. Specific date coming soon.
February 5, 2018
Deadline to be considered in the first round of application evaluations.
Early March 2018
Parents will be notified via mail of admissions decisions.
March 16, 2018
Deadline to submit financial aid application and letter to financial aid committee. Specific date coming soon.
|June 1, 2018||First tuition installment withdrawn from FACTS|
Applications are submitted via the online application portal.
The additional forms required as part of the application packet can be found below. Hard copies of these forms will be available at the Open House and from the front office after November 16th. You are not required to upload the forms into the application portal. You may hand deliver to the front office or mail to the school.
Re-registration of currently enrolled students occurs in January 2018. This application is for students who would be new to St. Mary School in the 2018-19 school year.
Items required for a complete application include:
- Application - submitted via the online application system
- Application fee $55 - payable through the online application system
- Copy of Birth Certificate - A copy is required with your application. This can be mailed or hand delivered to the front office. We will need to view the original as well. Please stop by the front office to have the original viewed.
- Copy of Sacramental Certificate(s) if applicable - Baptism, Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation. Mailed or hand delivered to the front office. We understand that some parish offices do not provide certificates for First Reconciliation, thus this form is not required, but if you have received one please include.
- School Records - Current, plus previous 2 years (at least), plus any standardized test scores. Only applicable to those applying to 1st grade and above. Please do not upload them to the application website. Please use the records release form below and have them sent directly from the applicants school to our school.
- Evaluation Form - Completed by the applicants current teacher and returned directly to St. Mary School. Not required for those applying to grades 1 and higher from a Diocese of Arlington Catholic School. Please make sure you submit the correct form for the grade level to which your child is applying. We prefer the use of the form below and not the form that is posted in the application portal.
- Parish Acknowledgement Form - For Catholic applicants, must be sent from your current parish. Not required for sibling applicants. If sending to the St. Mary parish office, no need to include a self addressed envelope as they will send it directly to the school. If you are applying from out of state, we will require this form when you settle on a parish locally.
- Health Forms - Immunization record is due with the application, Commonwealth of VA School Entrance Health Form must be submitted prior to the start of school but is not required to make the application complete.
- Custody Decree (if applicable)
- If the applicant has been tested or evaluated for any disability, English as a second language or medical condition we ask for additional information. If applicable, please provide a copy of IEP, 504 plan, Student Assistance Plan, Special Ed Child Study, Special Ed Eligibility Date from base public school and Special Ed Triennial.
- If the applicant has ever been suspended, dismissed, expelled or not permitted to re-enroll in a school we will require additional information.
Available openings in all grades are offered in the order that follows. Applications will be placed in the appropriate category by the time and date on which they were received:
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children of active parishioners of St. Mary Catholic Church
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children from families registered at other Catholic parishes
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children from non-Catholic families
- Children of active parishioners of St. Mary Catholic Church
- Children from families registered at Catholic parishes without schools
- Children from families registered at Catholic parishes with schools
- Other Catholics
- Children from non-Catholic families, if openings remain
Attendance in the St. Mary pre-kindergarten program does not guarantee admission to kindergarten.
St. Mary School admits students of any race, color, or national origin.