FOR OUR ENROLLED FAMILIES:
If you have a sibling to a currently enrolled student in grades Pre-K - 8 who applying with St. Mary School for the first time, please submit an application and supporting documents by the due date noted below. We are moving to an online application portal. The application and non-refundable application fee will be collected online and all other forms/documents can be mailed or hand delivered to the front office.
Re-registration of currently enrolled students occurs in January 2018. This application is for students who would be new to St. Mary School in the 2018-19 school year.
Please see the application materials required section below for a full list of items needed for a complete application. You are welcome to print the forms off this website or pick up a hard copy from the front office at school.
Due date for sibling applications is: December 11, 2017
Please direct questions to our Enrollment Coordinator, Mrs. Nicole Mahon, at email@example.com or 703-549-1646, ext. 4910.
- Application Materials Required - Apply Here
- How to submit an application
- Age Eligibility
- Acceptance Protocol
The link to the application website is posted below.
The additional forms required can be found here or via hard copy from the front office. You are not required to upload the forms via the application portal. You may had deliver to the front office or mail to the school.
Items required for a complete application:
- Application - submitted via the online application system.
- Application fee $55 - payable through the online application system
- Copy of Birth Certificate - A copy is required with your application. This can be mailed or hand delivered to the front office. We will request to view the original before school starts.
- Copy of Sacramental Certificate(s) if applicable - Baptism, Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation. Mailed or hand delivered to the front office.
- School Records - Current, plus previous 2 years (at least), plus any standardized test scores. Only applicable to those applying to 1st grade and above. Please do not upload them to the application website. Please use the records release form below and have them sent directly from the applicants school to our school.
- Evaluation Form - Completed by the applicants current teacher and returned directly to St. Mary School. Not required for those applying from a Diocese of Arlington Catholic School. Please make sure you submit the correct form for the grade level to which your child is applying. We prefer the use of the form below and not the form that is posted in the application portal.
- Health Forms - Immunization record is due with the application, Commonwealth of VA School Entrance Health Form must be submitted prior to the start of school but is not required to make the application complete.
- Custody Decree (if applicable)
- If the applicant has been tested or evaluated for any disability, English as a second language or medical condition we ask for additional information. If applicable, please provide a copy of IEP, 504 plan, Student Assistance Plan, Special Ed Child Study, Special Ed Eligibility Date from base public school and Special Ed Triennial.
- If the applicant has ever been suspended, dismissed, expelled or not permitted to re-enroll in a school we will require additional information.
- Parish Acknowledgement Form is not required for sibling applications as we already have this information on file.
Available openings in all grades are offered in the order that follows. Applications will be placed in the appropriate category by the time and date on which they were received:
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children of active parishioners of St. Mary Catholic Church
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children from families registered at other Catholic parishes
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children from non-Catholic families
- Children of active parishioners of St. Mary Catholic Church
- Children from families registered at Catholic parishes without schools
- Children from families registered at Catholic parishes with schools
- Other Catholics
- Children from non-Catholic families, if openings remain
Attendance in the St. Mary pre-kindergarten program does not guarantee admission to kindergarten.
St. Mary School admits students of any race, color, or national origin.