FOR OUR ENROLLED FAMILIES:
If you have a sibling to a currently enrolled student in grades Pre-K - 8 who will be applying with The Basilica School of Saint Mary for the first time, please submit an application and supporting documents by the due date noted below. The application and non-refundable application fee will be collected online and all other forms/documents can be uploaded, mailed or hand delivered to the front office per the application information.
Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will be available on November 13, 2019
Re-registration of currently enrolled students occurs in January 2020.
Please see the application materials required section below for a full list of items needed for a complete application.
Due date for sibling applications is: December 9, 2019
Please direct questions to our Enrollment Coordinator, Mrs. Sarah Christie, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-549-1646, ext. 4910.
The online application will be available starting November 13, 2019.
Additional forms are required for the application to be considered complete. The list can be found below. You are not required to upload the forms via the application portal. You may had deliver to the front office or mail to the school.
Items required for a complete application:
- Application - Please click here for the 2020 - 2021 Application
- Application fee $55 - Payable through the online application system
- Copy of Birth Certificate - A copy is required with your application. This can be mailed or hand delivered to the front office. If student is admitted, original birth certificate must be presented to the school for verification before school starts.
- Copy of Sacramental Certificate(s) (if applicable) - Baptism, Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation. Mailed or hand delivered to the front office.
- School Records - Current, plus previous 2 years (at least), plus any standardized test scores. Only applicable to those applying to 1st grade and above. Please do not upload them to the application website. Please use the records release form below and have them sent directly from the applicant's school to our school.
- Evaluation Form - Completed by the applicant's current teacher and returned directly to The Basilica School of Saint Mary. Not required for those applying from a Diocese of Arlington Catholic School. Please make sure you submit the correct form for the grade level to which your child is applying.
- Health Forms - Immunization record is due with the application. If student is admitted, a current Commonwealth of VA School Entrance Health Form must be submitted prior to the start of school.
- Custody Decree (if applicable)
- Additional Documentation - If the applicant has been tested or evaluated for any disability, English as a second language or medical condition we ask for additional information.This information includes; copy of IEP, 504 plan, Student Assistance Plan, Speech and Language Evaluation, Psycho-educational test results, Special Ed Child Study, Special Ed Eligibility Date from base public school and Special Ed Triennel. Please indicate that you have read, understood, and will follow through if applicable to this student.
- If the applicant has ever been suspended, dismissed, expelled or not permitted to re-enroll in a school we will require additional information.
- Parish Acknowledgement Form is not required for sibling applications as we already have this information on file.
Available openings in all grades are offered in the order that follows. Applications will be placed in the appropriate category by the time and date on which they were received:
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children of active parishioners of the Basilica of Saint Mary.
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children from families registered at other Catholic parishes
- Siblings of returning students currently attending our kindergarten through eighth grade who are children from non-Catholic families
- Children of active parishioners of the Basilica of Saint Mary
- Children from families registered at Catholic parishes without schools
- Children from families registered at Catholic parishes with schools
- Other Catholics
- Children from non-Catholic families, if openings remain
Attendance in the Basilica School of Saint Mary pre-kindergarten program does not guarantee admission to kindergarten.
The Basilica School of Saint Mary admits students of any race, color, or national origin.