What is the program?
The Diocesan Tuition Assistance Program (via FACTS Grant and Aid) provides financial assistance to families in Catholic schools in the Diocese of Arlington through funding from diocesan parishes as well as the Rooted in Faith~Forward in Hope Capital Campaign Endowment. It is open to all qualified students whose parents might not otherwise be able to pay the full cost of tuition.
Who is eligible?
• Students attending or accepted by a Diocese of Arlington Catholic school (K-12).
• Preschool and Pre-K are not eligible.
• Not applicable to students of private Catholic schools associated with the Diocese and/or international students.
• Students who are Catholic and members of a parish in the Diocese of Arlington or military base parish.
• Families who reside within the boundaries of the Diocese of Arlington and are registered and active members of a diocesan parish or a military base parish.
How do I apply - 2 steps?
1. Submit the online application which can be found at the address below. There is a $35 processing fee: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3D5H0
2. Submit a letter to the school addressed to the “Financial Aid Committee” that outlines your need. Please mail to the Basilica School of Saint Mary, 400 Green St., Alexandria, VA 22314.
Due Date: March 2019
Awards are made for one academic year and are based on each family’s demonstrated financial need. Individual schools determine the amount and the distribution of all awards for each academic year. The schools will contact families when award decisions have been made. Once these final award decisions have been made, the schools will then credit the tuition accounts of approved families. Families must reapply each year as awards are not carried over year over year.