Home and School Association (HSA)
St. Mary Home and School Association (HSA) has a great history at the school. Founded in 1944, the Association was first named the St. Mary's Mothers' Club. The club, from the start, was established to help organize parent volunteer activities, fund-raise for the school, and support the purchase of books for the school library.
By the 1960's, the club became known as The Mothers' and Fathers' Club, a reflection of the changing role of fathers in their children's education and school activities. By 1968, the name had changed again to the name we have today, the Home and School Association. Regardless of the name, this vital group has been the backbone of parents volunteering for the school, raising significant funds for important projects and services, and building community. Today, we see parents helping in many ways through our Families-In-Service Program.
Membership in the HSA is open to all families with children at the school. Executive Board Meetings are held monthly and are open to all parents.