Available to grades: 1st - 8th
The St. Mary CYO tennis team is open to St. Mary school, CCD, and Home schooled parish students in grades 1-8. Our goal is to have fun and develop the skills and sportsmanship necessary to become successful tennis players. Players of all levels (beginner-advanced) are welcome. Players will be placed on teams according to ability/experience and age. Generally, players in grades 1-3 receive instruction with no matches and players in grades 4-8 receive instruction and compete against other schools in the Northern Virginia Junior CYO.
The season runs from end-September through end-October, including playoffs for competing teams. Practices are usually once/week at local public or private courts after school. Matches for competing teams are typically on Sunday afternoons at Fairfax County public schools across Northern Virginia.
Registration opens: 8/24/18
Registration closes: 9/5/18
Registration Fee: $40 (Includes Team Shirt; all players will need a 2018 shirt)
Please register as early as possible! Space is limited, and a waitlist may be initiated if necessary!
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE EMAIL THE CYO TENNIS COORDINATOR,
CATHY SYMINGTON AT TENNIS@SMSVA.ORG .
2018 REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
Use the online registration portal (Sports Pilot). This will facilitate registration in 3 EASY STEPS:
- REGISTER ONLINE AT SPORTS PILOT (see below)
- PRINT AND SIGN PERMISSION FORM/MEDICAL RELEASE FROM REGISTRATION PAGE
- SUBMIT REGISTRATION FEE VIA FAITHDIRECT
To REGISTER ONLINE:
- Go to https://reg.sportspilot.com/106553/login
- If you have an existing family account with Sports Pilot (for example, if you registered your children for tennis or basketball last season), log into your account.
- If you do not have an existing family account, please create one.
- Select “Begin Registration”, select your “Registrant”, then select “Boys & Girls-Fall-Tennis-2018”
- Select his/her grade level, and then his/her Role (“Player”)
- Please review and Agree to the Terms when prompted.
- Complete the Information Form on the next page.
- At the bottom of the Information Form, follow the link to the Diocese website to download form: Permission Slip/Medical Release
- Complete Permission form and provide to your Coach when you receive your team assignment. COACHES WILL NOT ALLOW ANY PARTICIPANT TO PRACTICE OR PLAY A MATCH IF THIS IS NOT RECEIVED.
- Complete the prompts as directed and repeat for any other children in your family.
- Submit Registration Fee via Faith Direct; (https://membership.faithdirect.net/VA713): Log-on; click One-Time Gift; click “CYO (Catholic Youth Organization) Payment”; in notes section add St. Mary’s Tennis, name(s), grade(s))