David Cho Strings, LLC
Welcome to the David Cho Strings Program
Enrollment is open now.
It is my privilege to join your wonderful community and share the art of playing an instrument from the string family. Playing violin, viola, or cello is one of the most direct ways of sharing the greatest music ever composed. The canon of great classical music gives both performers and listeners a relevant experience to all school subjects studied. String players in particular join a rich tradition of hundreds of years of music making. Learning stringed instruments solidifies our knowledge of history and the time period in which a piece was composed, while teaching us a new language. We are uplifted by the famous composer J.S. Bach, who summarized the spiritual elements of music by saying, “I play the notes as they are written, but it is God who makes the music.”
I look forward to serving your sons and daughters for years to come and I welcome your questions at:
Very Sincerely Yours,
Mr. David Cho
- Open to students in grades 3-8
- Students are provided the opportunity to learn the following instruments:
- Tuition is $450 per child for the entire year. Payment is required for participation
- All fees are non-refundable once strings classes start.
- Please make checks payable to “David Cho Strings LLC.”
- Acquisition of instrument is the responsibility of the student’s family. The program assumes no responsibility for securing, renting or buying an instrument for the student. The program may give recommendations to help the student seek these services when requested.
- Each student will protect his or her instrument and maintain it in optimum working condition.
- Students will obtain the necessary accessories to play their instrument to the best of their abilities. The String Teacher will give guidance about these accessories once classes start.
- Classes will take place during or after school, presumably on the same day each week.
- If school is not in session at all, there will be no strings classes.
- For early dismissal days and when extended day is available, classes will happen according to an adjusted schedule provided the Strings Teacher is available.
- Students will have copies of musical materials for practice at home and the Strings Teacher will have copies of musical materials at the school.
- Each student is expected to practice diligently and consistently at least five days a week for 20 minutes a day.
- Students will reserve concert dates for their school performance in the Strings Program.
- Bring to Strings classes a positive musical attitude, respect for your classmates and team spirit
A student may participate in strings OR band; not both during the same school year.