WAYS TO GIVE
St. Mary School depends on the generosity of its parishioners and parents. Each and every gift made to our school is received gratefully.
Please consider making a tax-deductible gift to one of the following funds.
The St. Mary Home & School Association (HSA) was founded in 1944 and has served many purposes through the years. One thing that has not changed is the support of parents for the well being of both our children and beloved school. Each year, the HSA raises over $185,000. Of this, $100,000 goes directly towards the school’s operating expenses. The balance continues to fund implementation for technology in the classrooms, teacher enrichment, school beautification and many other worthy causes.
Tuition alone doesn't cover the cost of educating our children at St. Mary School, so the HSA raises funds that go directly back to the school to cover operating costs to keep tuition fees low. The Annual Fund also supports technology and classroom investments, community building activities and continuing education for our teachers to help them further develop the whole child in faith, academics and service.
Our goal is 100% of SMS families to donate: The suggested tax deductible donation is $250 per family, but we welcome donations at any amount.
How to Donate:
1) Click here to donate online. You can also donate through your specific Faith Direct account. Choose “one time gift now” and select SMS Annual Fund.
2) Drop off the completed Annual Fund forms that were mailed to your home with your donation to the front office marked "c/o St. Mary Business Office." Please make your check payable to "St. Mary HSA" and note Annual Fund. Click here for a donation form.
If your employer offers corporate matching, please let us know and we can send you a duplicate receipt.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions. Thank you for your generosity!
STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Your contribution is important to the financial needs of some of our families and students. This fund is an amalgamation of several funds that provide for our families who request financial aid. Please consider making this tax-deductible today.
COLIN CASEY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND - Funds are contributed to this fund in memory of Colin Casey, son of retired St. Mary teacher Mary Casey and Michael Casey. Colin died on June 16 1991, days after his 8th grade graduation. He is remembered as a popular, outstanding scholar and athlete. All proceeds from the Colin Casey 3K benefit the Colin Casey Scholarship Fund which provides financial assistance to St. Mary students.
For either the Student Scholarship Fund or the Colin Casey Memorial Scholarship Fund, please make your check payable to :
St. Mary School
400 Green Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Attn: Mrs. Janet M. Cantwell, Principal
Please indicate on your check or in a note, which of these funds is your designated preference.
You can be a player, donor, and or sponsor of our Annual Golf and Tennis Classic. The exciting and fun event is held each fall by our Home and School Association. Volunteer parents organize and raise the funds from this event as one of our major fundraisers. Please consider making your tax-deductible contribution and click on the button below for more information. Thank you!
Saint Mary Catholic School :: Home & School Association :: Auction 2018
Join in the fun and festivities each year at our annual school auction. This event is held each year as one of the major fundraisers for our school. Each year our parent volunteers play an important role in creating a magical theme and invites the school community to participate in a fun-filled event with our families , friends and clergy. The theme this year is Carnival!
Kick Off Meeting:
Learn about volunteer and sponsorship opportunities for the January 27, 2018 event and mingle with fellow parents over light hors devours.
Wednesday, October 25, 2017 , 7-8:30pm
Father Rankin House - 314 Duke Street
Rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 20.
There are many other ways to give to St. Mary School! We appreciate all forms of giving and here are just a few that make a BIG difference!
- Send in your Box Tops - Please send in your collection of Box Tops to the school's main office in an envelope or bag clearly marked Box Tops! Be sure to label the bag with your child's homeroom because the homeroom that collects the most boxtops wins an ice cream party! For more information about qualified products, the program, and ways to give, CLICK HERE.
- Register your grocery cards. It's a simply way to put your shopping dollars to work for St. Mary School. These are generous programs that our local grocery stores offer. Please share your cards today!
- Register your Amazon account with smile.amazon.com today! You can find St. Mary's School on Amazon Smile under "Settings/Change Your Charity" and then search for St. Mary's School Alexandria."
Please contact Alice Crouch, email@example.com, with any questions.